Quinoa Salsa Salmon Hash
The bodybuilding community can be great resource for quick, easy, and nutritious meals. Serious bodybuilders use strict diets that allow their bodies to burn fat while building muscle hence. While trolling some bodybuilding sites, I found the Quinoa Salsa Salmon Hash. This super easy recipe features one of my new favorite foods – Quinoa. Quinoa (pronounced ‘keen-wa’) is a gluten-free, high protein content seed that can be cooked as a grain. Raw uncooked Quinoa has 24 grams of protein per cup. When cooked, Quinoa is a little chewier than couscous and absorbs the flavors it is cooked with very nicely. Combined with salmon and your favorite salsa, this recipe is a delicious, protein rich dish. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Yield 9 servings)
- 1.5 C. Fresh cut organic salsa
- 2 C. Organic Quinoa
- 6 oz Wild caught salmon.
- 2 Qts. Filter / distilled water.
- 1 Strip of Kelp or Kombu (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a soup pot.
- Bring to boil for 2 mins.
- Simmer 30 mins. until quinoa is tender & water absorbed.
- Let cool, enjoy.
Quinoa Salsa Salmon Hash is:
- Low in saturated fat, sugar and cholesterol.
- High in Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Fiber, Selenium, Manganese, and Phosphorus.
It doesn’t get much easier than this.
Off The Grid Health Recommends
- Using organic ingredients where ever possible.
- Using wild caught salmon, canned is ok.
- Using fresh-cut salsa. The processed stuff isn’t as good.
- Adding a strip of kelp (kombu) during cooking to add iodine and key trace minerals.
The original recipe comes from one of my favorite online bodybuilding personalities, Scooby Werkstatt at www.scoobysworkshop.com. Enjoy and thanks for reading.