The Oat ‘Closer’ Smoothie
After making some protein bars recently, I had some extra ingredients left. A few minutes searching the fridge and freezer resulted in this BIG smoothie. This recipe made two of the glasses shown in the picture. I call it a ‘closer’ smoothie because it will shut down a big appetite. It’s is a meal replacement and a great breakfast smoothie.
Ingredients: (Yields 32 oz.)
1 Apple (Organic Fuji or similar)
1 Banana (peeled)
1 C. Homemade Almond or Walnut milk
½ C. Rolled oats (see Directions)
1½ C. Fresh or frozen strawberries
4 Ice cubes
½ C. Frozen peaches (optional)
1 Medjool date (optional)
- Soak oats for at least 20 minutes in 1 cup of filtered or distilled water to eliminate chalkiness.
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend to desired texture.
Off The Grid Health Recommends:
- Using organic ingredients where possible.
- Using organic rolled oats, not quick oats.
- Trying an orange with the seeds removed or the juice of a Valencia orange.
- Drinking slowly, this is a filling smoothie.