Quick Macadamia Nut Milk
I ran out of my homemade almond milk this morning. My almonds were still soaking. So I put together this quick macadamia nut milk so I could have a protein shake for breakfast. Macadamia nuts make a tasty milk that is great for protein smoothies. This recipe is quick because Macadamia nuts are soft and you do not have to soak Macadamia nuts overnight, just rinse them. The recipe is for a single serving and it is fast. When done, add a (frozen) banana, your favorite protein powder (OTGH favorite: Nutribiotic Chocolate Brown Rice Protein), blend, then it’s on! Here we go:
1/3 C. Organic Macadamia Nuts
1 C. Distilled or filtered water
1 Organic Medjool Date (pitted)
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla (non-alcoholic) flavor or Extract
1/8 Tsp. Sea salt
- Rinse Macadamia nuts under cold running water.
- Add Macadamia nuts and filtered water to blender.
- Blend until smooth (about a minute in a high speed blender).
- Add remaining ingredients and some add ice if desired.
- Blend to desired consistency.